Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

A Parting Gift

Just finished watching my last sumo tournament in Japan. I'm sad to say sayonara to sumo (don't think the CBC carries it...yet), but at least my last basho did not leave me disappointed. My boy Hakuho won his second straight tournament in dominant style going undefeated, and laying out yokozuna Asashoryu once again. In my post about the Fukuoka basho last November I noted that Asa is unstoppable. Well, he was, but Hakuho was out with an injury that time. Now my boy is firing on all cylinders and Asa looks in need of a tune-up.


With Hakuho's two straight tourney victories, he was rightly promoted to top dog yokozuna (grand champion), and looks set to ratchet up the Mongolian rivalry with fellow yokozuna Asashoryu. Finally somebody's cracking Asa's dominance and making sumo really exciting, and I gotta go...drat!
Maybe I should have recontracted...
Yeah, right.

Congrats Hakuho!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home